Tuesday, August 12, 2008

It's a new blogsite; welcome to my scene!

This is my place to record what I'm thinking about. And if you care to read it, you're welcome here. I'm new at blogging, and still getting up to speed on the world of computer literacy, since I've lived many of the last 15 years in a third-world country. But I enjoy musing about life, philosophy, cultures, God, family, deafness, and whatever I'm working through at the time.

Do you ever have wild, random thoughts that could be moments of greatness or moments of complete embarrassment? I do, and thankfully I've learned how to laugh at myself (most of the time) and I'm married to someone who doesn't mind entertaining my wild ideas; he gets them once in awhile himself! So if I'm brave enough to post them here, you may see them. I think blogging takes great courage to expose yourself to whoever; they may laugh or be critical and there you are, just hanging out there for the world to see.

I suppose my biggest fault (well, one of them anyway) is being too concerned about what people think of me. I've always been that way, though it's not a debilitating problem, just something I think about before I speak or act. Which is sometimes good, because it saves other people's feelings, but it's sometimes bad because I don't express ME. So, this blog is an effort to discover and express myself in an honest way. I hope you like it...: )

4 comments:

Emily Caldwell said...

Hooray! I am excited to read your blogs

elizabeth said...

Best wishes as you begin you hearing journey! This is a great blog, and I hope you'll consider adding it to the aggregator at Deaf Village (www.deafvillage.com). There are many late-deafened adults who have been there/done that and would be happy to answer any questions you might have!

Unknown said...

Hey Lisa, I appreciate your willingness to be transparent and vulnerable out here in the world of cyberspace. Like you, I'm always a bit reticent to completely open myself up for the world to read... Still, I always appreciate those who do share their struggles and joys in a more public arena. Thanks. I'll be praying for you as you walk this journey.

Walter Seward said...

good article Just talked with Noel who loved the article - excellent.