Thursday, September 11, 2008

The Day After Surgery

So, yesterday, I came home and updated this blog, Facebook, answered e-mails, and chatted with some family before I called it a night. Today, I'm wiped out in the recliner, taking it easy and enjoying the pampering. Trying to get by on Tylenol for pain, but I'll probably open the Vicodin for sleeping tonight.

My medical and cochlear implant friends will want to see the incision pictures after removal of the headwrap, so here they are. Unfortunately for the very curious, the steri-strips cover the stitches, and have to stay on for 2 weeks until I go back to the surgeon for a check-up on my recovery. By then, the dissolvable stitches should be gone, and I'll be getting impatient for the activation in another 2 weeks. This is quite a process to hear again, but it will all be worth it, I'm sure.

4 comments:

Jennifer Bruno Conde said...

Yay, Lisa! Let's have a look at the incision once the steri-strips are removed! You are so right about your cochlear implant friends wanting to have a look-see!

Take it easy, like a good girl.

Jennifer :-)

Deaf-Irish said...

Lisa so glad to see you that you did ok with your surgery. Mine was a success as well! Check out my blog for some pictures and things. I look forward to hearing from you soon!

Sheila said...

Your successful surgery is an answer to prayer! Thanks for sharing with us - - - pics and all.

Abbie said...

That does not look too bad! :)